The work scenario today has changed irrevocably with remote working. These trends also signify the need to change how we recruit employees. Gone are the days of traditional recruiting using whiteboards and meeting rooms. Enter remote hiring. The HR recruiter needs an online application that interviews, screens, hires, and onboards developers remotely in a seamlessly integrated way.
Features Of a Good Coding Interview Tool
Hire remote developers with coding interview tools even in a remote setup.
Check out if the following features are present before zeroing on the suitable interview tool:
- Ease of setting up and navigation.
- Enabling satisfaction for the candidate.
- Possibility of uploading your own challenges.
- A number of languages and frameworks.
- A number of applicants who can be assessed.
- A number of admins who can collaborate in real-time at one go.
- Option of customization
- Possibility to scale with your enterprise growth
- Cost-effective offering more value for money.
- Enabling to hire faster and efficiently.
Top Best Coding Interview Tools
If you are the technical recruiter or hiring manager, here are the top tools for coding interviews in 2021:
A popular tool for interviews online 2021, CoderPad has a simplified dashboard for starting interviews and tracking candidates on “pads”.
- Easy installation.
- Different pay bands are suitable for different company needs.
- Supports several popular languages.
- Several front-end technologies cannot be tested.
- Some back-end skills cannot be tested.
- Challenging collaboration in real-time on complex skill testing on projects.
HackerRank facilitates interviewers to work with candidates for solution-based problem solving and drawing. It allows sharing challenging descriptions easily for writing and coding execution.
- Applicants can customize the Editor.
- Supports more than 35 languages.
- Inbuilt audio and video facilities.
- Possible to draw freehand sketches.
- Limited number of admins allowed on an account.
- Monthly limit on setting up sessions in plans.
- Some back-end and front-end technologies like Django, React, etc., cannot be tested.
Codility facilitates online collaboration taking real-life projects. It enables users to sketch diagrams and flowcharts.
- Inbuilt videos and audio resources.
- Templates available for setting up new sessions.
- Possible to run test cases.
- Possible to draw Freehand diagrams.
- Several front-end and back-end skills cannot be tested.
- Pricing slabs only on request.
CoderByte provides a dashboard for establishing interviews, exporting to candidates, and streamlining and handling all the sessions.
- All plans allow unlimited candidates in a month.
- Different prices for all bandwidths
- Plans permit challenge screening for efficient management of the interview.
- Capable for testing back end, database, front end skills, and more.
- Candidates can carry out Google searches on-page.
- No inbuilt audio and video support
- Lacks enterprise features like SSO.
CodeSignal platform is suitable for tracking and generating new interview sessions and collaborating with candidates in an online environment.
- Run test cases in the Editor.
- Possible to review interview sessions as they can be recorded.
- Possible to draw freehand sketching.
- A limited number of sessions available per month
- Some front-end and back-end skills cannot be tested.
CodeInterview offers an uncomplicated platform for easy interview sessions and real-time collaboration with applicants.
- Front-end skills can be tested.
- Inbuilt audio and video resources.
- Several advanced features like code replay etc.
- Easy to navigate dashboard.
- A limited number of candidates can be interviewed per month.
Mettl offers an online interview platform that focuses specifically on screening and interviewing applicants.
- A large number of applicants can be screened.
- Possible to test several advanced skills.
- An extensive storehouse of technical questions
- Lack of robust take-home coding projects for later stage skill testing
CodinGame offers a different approach to the hiring process. It facilitates a platform for coding skill testing and games for candidates to practice their skills.
- Engaging tests can be set up in record time.
- Skill practice-based solutions.
- Supports more than 20 languages.
- Strong anti-plagiarism detection
- Lacks robust assessment tech testing skills.
- Challenges tested are like real-life scenarios.
Type12 tests applicants with real-life coding problems in a shared realistic environment where a customization facility is inbuilt.
- Inbuilt audio and video capabilities
- Separate environment for a new interview with preconfigured skill testing
- Extensive repository of ready-to-use tests.
- Limit on the number of interviews
CodeBunk provides a complete solution with questions, compilers, real-time editors, and more. It allows for a fair assessment, screening, and interviews of candidates.
- Supports more than 20 languages.
- Option to record and playback interview sessions.
- Collaborative Editor
- Requires logging in
- Restriction on the number of languages supported.
- Unable to pay on as you go option.
In the End
Online tools for skill testing are a great way to save time and resources for the remote hiring process. They enable checking the knowledge and skills of potential candidates in real-time using either predefined tests or challenges created by recruiters. Interview sessions can be held either solo or with a team, with playback videos to understand candidates’ problem-solving abilities. The features offered are diverse and vary from tool to tool. You need to check the one that suits your requirements when hiring the best developer for your company’s needs.