You’ve landed on the right page if you’re looking for a food delivery app development but don’t know how to make one? You must have seen various online food applications like Uber Eats, GrubHub, Just Eat, etc. The sole reason behind making a food delivery app is to provide customers with a convenient way to get ready-to-eat food.
The trend of food delivery application development is expanding rapidly nowadays. In the current scenario, everyone wants to save time. Thus, it makes sense to develop a food delivery application as it amplifies the convenience and gets the job done fast. In this article, you will discover the expenses and features of such applications. These applications provide a supreme and huge variety to choose from so that one can enjoy assorted dishes at home or work.
Types of food delivery mobile apps
There are essentially three basic types of food delivery mobile apps such as restaurant apps, food ordering apps, and on-demand food delivery apps.
Restaurant app development is a type of mobile application wherein the restaurant owners or managers create an app that can be downloaded by the users and used by them to place orders or manage their restaurant/bar/cafe.
The food ordering app is a type of mobile application where the users download the application and use it to order food from food delivery mobile apps.
The on-demand food delivery app is a mobile app that allows users to access food delivery services, such as Uber Eats, GrubHub, Just Eat, Seamless, etc.
Features in the food delivery application you are looking for!
These features will help you in getting a better food delivery application which will, in turn, be beneficial for your business. And, with the help of these features, you will be able to enhance your food delivery app. Let us get into the details of the food delivery application features and their importance.
1) Customer Ratings – It is one of the most essential features as anyone who is ordering for the first time from a restaurant goes through the ratings provided by the old customers. It is more like virtual word of mouth that helps to know about the best seller dishes.
2) Ordering and Payment – How quickly your restaurant is accepting the order and do they accept all the modes of payment also plays a huge role. They are lots of ways to make online payments such as UPI, debit card, wallet, and much more. Some people even prefer to pay cash. So letting the customer decide the mode of payment is very essential.
3) Tracking – Today’s generation believes in staying updated. So providing them with a live tracking option via phone or email or website will amplify the trust among the customers. It will also provide a fair approximation of delivery time.
4) Delivery Time of the Food – Everyone looks forward to getting the food delivered as soon as possible. Many big brands like Dominos have a policy at many places of delivering food within a given time limit. This makes the customers happy and also assures them about the timing.
5) Discount or cashback coupons – Everyone loves discounts! Providing them discounts through coupon codes will surely bring them back to your app. You can also make them buy a membership to avail themselves of more discounts and keep them engaged with your application.
6) In-app chat feature – A lot of times customers have inquiries/questions regarding their order or app. So providing a chat option with the executive makes it easier for them.
How Much Does it Cost for a Food Delivery Application?
For the consumer, it is an easy way to order food without having to pick up the phone or leave the comfort of one’s home. For restaurants, it is a way to reach a larger audience. But what are the costs associated with launching a food delivery app? How much do these apps make?
A food delivery application is a very popular service that has become the latest trend in the food industry. It allows customers to order their favorite meals from restaurants and have them delivered to their doorstep without having to worry about finding parking or waiting for someone to take their order. If you are wondering how much it costs for a food delivery application, you should know that it is not free. Several variables determine the cost of the application, including the number of customers that will use it, how many people work at the company, and what kind of technology they have.
The food delivery industry is a multi-billion dollar industry. With the continued growth in delivery services, the market is expected to reach a valuation of $34 billion by 2022. The rapid increase in the number of food delivery platforms has led to fierce competition in the market. This has pushed down commission rates for restaurants and raised the monthly subscription fees for customers.
Food delivery applications are becoming more popular. For example, Delivery.com is one of the most widely used food delivery applications. They charge $4.99 for delivery and $3.99 for pick-up on orders that are $20 or more. The minimum order is $15.
People are loving the assistance of Food Delivery Mobile applications which is helping a lot of eateries in getting more orders. Consequently, clients are preferring to go for online food these days. The impact of food delivery can be combined with AI to increase the portable application for the advancement of services. To increase the sales of your food chain exponentially, including the essential features and quality of food is enough.