An Introduction to Technology Stacks
Long gone are the days when IT projects used to follow the waterfall model, in which each phase of an application or technological processes were performed separately, in quick succession. Today, most MNCs and start–ups of global repute swear by Agile methodology and hire software developer professionals who are adept in it. Now, in Agile, work is done in a coordinated and simultaneous manner. For example, you can hire software development professionals to build a code and send it for testing. At the same time, you can handle deployment and builds for database and other library functions.
The word “stack” means several technologies being used at a time, which is the main criterion for an Agile work environment. Stack development is where a project or a team leverages several different technologies to accomplish an application or web development project. Stack development involves using various programming languages, frameworks, patterns, libraries, databases, UI/UX, etc. There are two main technology stacks that have surfaced in terms of popularity recently. We are talking about MEAN stack and MERN stack.
Since both these technologies are competing against each other neck to neck, our article will focus on deciding which will be better for your next web development project.
MEAN Stack development and Its Components
- Mongo DB: it’s a NoSQL database server where all the data information pieces are stored in JSON scripts for backend development. This database server can handle multiple data types at once without deterring the application speed.
- Express: MEAN has used Express.JS as the foundation for building robust and fast web apps. With Express, its easier to comply with MVC architecture. Web developers can also organize the program’s snippets on the server–side platform.
- Angular.JS: Web developers appreciate how using Angular.Js for designing the templates and performing other frontend jobs makes the process easy. Angular. JS uses HTML codes for frontend development, i.e. it eliminates the need for complicated coding.
- Node.JS: Node.Js is a non–event driven platform for designing web applications and several APIs.
How will MEAN Stack Technology be Beneficial for your Project?
MEAN allows a web developer to switch between the client and server–side applications quickly without any hassle. There is no need to include a 3rd party for switching, which makes the development faster. You can access the cloud network for testing the web application after development to assess the functionality and errors. Isomorphic coding is possible with the MEAN platform, which is indeed a great relief for many web developers. MEAN ensures the development of high–quality web applications, be it in terms of run time, server downtime, features, and so on.
MERN Stack Technology and Its Components
MERN uses the following four JS–based platforms for the development of web applications:
- MongoDB: with being a NoSQL database platform, MongoDB will provide you with a higher degree of versatility in handling different data types and queries. Here, various data pieces are stored in JSON documents for better and faster access in backend development.
- Express: Express.JS is one of the best frameworks for dynamically designing web–based applications and APIs.
- Node.JS: lastly, MERN relies on Node.JS, a single–threaded platform for the development of applications and APIs.
How will MERN Stack Technology be Beneficial for your Project??
With React.JS, the programs will be divided into several blocks or components, allowing a web developer to maintain a proper flow from the backend.
MERN supports MVC architecture for ensuring that the entire application development process is smooth. With this stacking technology, you will have access to some efficient pre-built testing tools.You will have access to a substantial JS–based library for plugins, prebuilt functions, and so on.
Very often businesses hire software developer professionals to execute MEAN or MERN stack development. When it comes to web development, choosing the right stack requires a thorough understanding of the web project and the budget you have in mind. Aforementioned is a detailed critique on key differences between MEAN and MERN stack. We hope this article will help you choose between MEAN vs MERN stack for your web project.